BlindsGambling poker explains Blinds as a playing style used by the players when the poker game is on. Poker blinds are forced bets posted by poker players to the left of the dealer button in flop-style during the game process. Normally two types of poker blinds are used, but they can be one or three. Without the blinds, everyone would just wait until they had a perfect hand to play, and there would be no action at all. The blind bets introduce a regular cost to partake in the game, thus inducing a player to enter pots in an attempt to compensate for that expense.
Texas Holdem poker blinds are the initial bets that are placed in the game, before any cards are drawn. It is important to know how these bets are made, and how to play the rest of the Holdem poker game to win the Holdem poker blinds. In Texas Hold'em, there's no ante, so the two players to the left of the dealer must post blind bets. There are two Texas Holdem poker blinds, the big blind and the small blind. The blinds change the way players play in the game because without them everybody would fold all the games except when they get excellent hole cards.
- Forced bets in community card games similar the use of antes, but normally only required of two players rather than all players at the table.
- Small Blind: the smaller of two forced bets, usually 1/2 the minimum opening bet.
- Big Blind: the larger of two forced bets, usually equal to the minimum opening bet.
- Stealing the Blinds: make a raise on the opening betting round with the goal of winning the blind bets without any further action on the hand.
- Betting blind: betting without taking the option to look at the next card(s).